|Full name||Sergio Akeen Campbell|
|Date of birth||16 January 1992|
|Place of birth||Clarendon, Jamaica|
|Height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Position(s)||Defender / Midfielder|
|2011||Central Arkansas Bears||8||(0)|
|2015||Columbus Crew SC||1||(0)|
|2015||→ Austin Aztex (loan)||2||(0)|
|2018||AFC Ann Arbor||0||(0)|
*Club domestic league appearances and goals, correct as of 18 March 2020|
‡ National team caps and goals, correct as of 03:39, 18 June 2020 (UTC)
Sergio Akeen Campbell (born 16 January 1992) is a Jamaican international footballer who plays as a defender for Stumptown Athletic in the National Independent Soccer Association.
Youth and club
Campbell began his career playing school boy football for Clarendon College. After completing secondary school, Campbell then played for University of Central Arkansas in the USA. Campbell transferred to the UConn Huskies at the University of Connecticut in August 2012.
On 15 January 2015, Campbell was selected by the Columbus Crew in the 2015 MLS SuperDraft. Campbell was the 19th pick in the First Round of the draft. In late January, Campbell was the center of a dispute between his former club Portmore United and MLS. The Jamaican club want training compensation as Campbell was trained by United prior to moving to the United States. Campbell is the nephew of Rodolph Austin. On 12 February 2016 Campbell was waived by Columbus. On 1 April 2016 Campbell was cleared to play for the Pittsburgh Riverhounds.
He made his international debut for Jamaica in 2010, coming on as a second half substitute against Guyana in Group I of the 2010 Caribbean Cup. In the next match of the Caribbean Cup, against Grenada in the semi-final, he received a red card after coming on as an extra-time substitute.
- ^ "Jamaica's 40 player provisional list to Copa Centenario". Jamaica Football Federation. 3 May 2016. Retrieved 16 December 2016.
- ^ a b "Sergio Campbell". National Football Teams. Benjamin Strack-Zimmermann. Retrieved 9 February 2019.
- ^ "Profile". University of Central Arkansas.
- ^ "Sergio Campbell". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 5 December 2017.
- ^ Jardy, Adam (15 January 2015). "Soccer: Crew trades down, takes UConn defender in SuperDraft". The Columbus Dispatch. Gannett Co. Retrieved 16 June 2020.
- ^ @ColumbusCrewSC (15 January 2015). "'#CrewSC selects defender Sergio Campbell from UCONN with the 19th overall pick. #SuperDraft'" (Tweet). Retrieved 5 December 2017 – via Twitter.
- ^ a b Walker, Howard (28 January 2015). "Pay us!". Jamaica Observer. Retrieved 28 January 2015.
- ^ "Crew SC announces roster updates during second preseason camp". Columbus Crew SC. 12 February 2016. Retrieved 12 February 2016.
- ^ "Campbell Cleared For Season Opener". Pittsburgh Riverhounds. 1 April 2016. Archived from the original on 14 April 2016. Retrieved 2 April 2016.
- ^ Ryan, Megan (23 February 2016). "Riverhounds to sign defender Sergio Campbell". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved 16 June 2020.
- ^ Burnett, Ian (4 December 2010). "Extra time strike sends Jamaica to final". Jamaica Observer. Retrieved 16 June 2020.
- ^ Burnett, Ian (6 December 2010). "The ref cheated me, screams Sergio". Jamaica Observer. Retrieved 16 June 2020.
- Sergio Campbell at Major League Soccer
- Sergio Campbell at USL Championship
- Sergio Campbell at National-Football-Teams.com
One thought on “PLAYER PROFILE: Louis Perez”