|Date of birth||June 3, 1994|
|Place of birth||Santos, São Paulo, Brazil|
|Height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Sporting Kansas City (Head Academy Goalkeeper Coach)|
|2016–2017||Charleston Golden Eagles||33||(0)|
|2018–2019||Marshall Thundering Herd||39||(0)|
|2016||The Villages SC||13||(0)|
|2018||The Villages SC||7||(0)|
|2020||North Carolina FC||1||(0)|
|*Club domestic league appearances and goals|
Paulo Pita (born June 3, 1994) is a former Brazilian soccer player and current coach. He formerly played as a goalkeeper at the collegiate level for the Charleston Golden Eagles and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
College & Senior
Pita played college soccer at University of Charleston in 2016 and 2017. In his sophomore season, he posted a 20-1-2 record en route to leading the Golden Eagles to the NCAA Division II men's soccer national championship. In the title game, he posted a shutout and was named Most Outstanding Player.
He transferred to Marshall University, where he played in 2018 and 2019.
Concurrent with his college career, Pita played the 2016 and 2018 seasons with The Villages SC of the Premier Development League, appearing in 20 games, along with a handful of other appearances. During the 2017 season, Pita played for Chattanooga FC in the National Premier Soccer League. Pita started out the season as the team's back-up keeper but eventually won the starting position; making 9 league appearances. In 2019, Pita played for FC Wichita of the National Premier Soccer League.
- ^ "Former Herd star Pita signs with North Carolina FC". The Herald-Dispatch. February 18, 2020. Retrieved February 19, 2020.
- ^ "Paulo Pita - Men's Soccer". UCGoldenEagles.com. Retrieved February 19, 2020.
- ^ Eclin, Greg (December 2, 2017). "Charleston wins D2 men's soccer national championship". Gazette-Mail. Retrieved February 19, 2020.
- ^ "Paulo Pita - Men's Soccer". HerdZone.com. Retrieved February 19, 2020.
- ^ "MLS SuperDraft Takes TWO". The Villages SC. January 10, 2020. Retrieved February 19, 2020.
- ^ "12 NPSL Alums Selected in First Two Rounds of 2020 MLS SuperDraft". National Premier Soccer League. 2020-01-12. Retrieved 2020-08-12.
- ^ "Training Update: Rain or Shine". FC Wichita. May 7, 2019. Retrieved February 21, 2020.
There are new arrivals for FC Wichita, such as goalie Paulo Pita from the University of Marshall.